Our Story - Hebron Evangelical Church
1133
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-1133,bridge-core-1.0.7,mega-menu-max-mega-menu-1,mega-menu-max-mega-menu-2,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,qode_grid_1200,side_area_uncovered_from_content,footer_responsive_adv,hide_top_bar_on_mobile_header,qode-content-sidebar-responsive,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-19.1,qode-theme-bridge,qode_advanced_footer_responsive_1000,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.0.5,vc_responsive

Bishop Dr. George Parris migrated from Barbados to the USA in 1960 where he became a member of Good Tidings Gospel Hall. He met Brother Gerson Marshall and together with him they preached the Gospel at various churches, on Fulton Street and around the Brooklyn area. They would report their ministerial activities back to the Elders of Good Tidings, but would receive very little encouragement for all their zeal. In 1976, Brother Marshall decided to start a church in the East Flatbush area, with only seven Believers to accompany him, he established the Ebenezer Missionary Chapel on East 51st Street and Church Ave.

Deacon George Parris became one of the first Deacons of Ebenezer Missionary Chapel church and as the church grew, Deacon George Parris continued his ministry at Ebenezer. In 1977, Deacon George Parris was ordained as a Minister of the Gospel and was then known as Reverend George Parris.

While driving on Church Avenue, the Spirit of the Lord spoke to Deacon Parris to begin a church. He heeded the voice of the Lord and Hebron Evangelical Church was established in his home on April 10th, 1981.

As the membership grew Pastor Parris sought a new location at 417 Remsen Avenue, and relocated on December 31, 1981.

In 1982 Pastor Parris appointed Pastor Parks as Senior Pastor of Hebron, who served for three years, after which, Pastor Parris was then elected as Senior Pastor by a unanimous vote of the Saints.

Due to rapid growth, Hebron Evangelical Church relocated to 741 Remsen Avenue, our present location.

Bishop George Parris received another call from the Lord in the establishing of another church, therefore, this brought about the Hebron Evangelical Church of Ocala, Florida which subsequently was dedicated on July 2, 2005. Yes. A second church was born and is currently doing well.

In September 2006, the Hebron Evangelical Church of New York established the Hebron Evangelical Bible Institute which started with (13) thirteen students and only one class. In June of 2007 we were proud to celebrate our first graduation. Today, we have five classes within the Bible Institute. Subsequently, Hebron Evangelical of Ocala, Florida followed and established the same program, currently having four classes.

On October 2006 Pastor George Parris was promoted to the Office of Bishop with an installation ceremony held at Beulah Church of the Nazarene.

On September 13, 2009, Pastor Martin Scott and family were given a warm welcome into our Hebron family as he accepted the position as Senior Pastor of Hebron Evangelical Church both in New York and Florida and was later installed on September 19, 2010.

On April 10, 2011 we celebrated the opening of our Library and Bookstore which was appropriately named the “Bishop George Parris library and Bookstore